boUquet mobile app
Bouquet is the app I I created with the goal of designing a full-functionality wedding planning tool.
- The assignment for these two courses was to choose a design problem and create a possible solution.
- The problem I decided on was wedding planning. I am currently assisting in planning two weddings, so it is fresh on my mind!
- From my experience, there are not enough high-tech, mobile-friendly, wedding planning tools on the market.
- Create a product that supports users through all parts of the wedding planning process.
- Offer a broad range of features that are convenient, integrated, and enjoyable.
- Support seamless communication and collaboration between all stakeholders involved.
- Designed 20 sketches for systems or system features that could work to solve this problem - including mobile apps, Apple watches, and desktop tools.
- With human emotions and motivations in mind, I created a series of scenarios, personas, and storyboards.
- Decided to pursue the idea of a wedding planning mobile app, as I am most familiar with that technology.
- Developed my concept further with wireframes and task flows to experiment with layout, navigation, and interface design.
- I choose the name 'Bouquet' to communicate my desire for wedding planning to be like a bouquet: cohesive, together, under lovely.
- Based on these designs, I created paper prototypes to test with users.
- During testing, I added graphic elements using Post-It notes, tape, highlighters, etc. to mimic real user interactions.
- Mapped out examples of inputs and outputs from this system to fully define features and functionality.
- Although this was not required as part of the assignment, I created a few high-fidelity screens for the final design.
- Seeing realistic images and a high-fidelity prototype was rewarding. To me, this is the best part of the design process! Hooray!
results & impact
- User tests yielded high task-success rates and positive feedback from participants.
- Completing user testing and iterations further familiarized me with the design process.
"Wish we had this when I got married"
- Conduct more rounds of testing with the final high-fidelity prototype.
- Recruit real wedding planners to take part in user needs assessments and usability tests.